- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature, cut in small pieces
- 5 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup grated Emmenthal or Gruyere cheese
- 1 cup diced Black Forest ham, diced
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3 eggs
- Salt pepper
- Crust: Put flour in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Add butter amd mix until butter is broken up.
- Add water and mix until the dough forms a ball. Remove dough from bowl, form a disk, wrap and refrigerate if time permits.
- When to ready to bake, preheat oven to 350 degrees. If dough was refrigerate, remove from refrigerator and roll out to a 11-inch circle. Use oil to coat a 9-inch pie plate and lay fough in pie plate. Cut excess dough and crimp edge.
- Prick crust with a fork. Sprinkle Emmenthal cheese on bottom of crust. then sprinkle with ham.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together milk, heavy cream, eggs, salt and pepper and pour into prepared pie shell.
- Bake 45 minutes or until center is just set. Remove from oven and allow to cool 10 minutes before serving. Serves 6